To Go Salad has over 20 locations throughout Korea, and they’re usually located in college towns. The one near Sungshin Women’s University is their first location, and they used to be a tiny place with just two tables, but after 6 years, they now have a space that’s triple the size across the street from the original location. When I visited there on a Tuesday evening, it was bustling with phone orders, to go orders, and eat-in orders!
Hours- 11:00 to 21:00 (Break time- 15:30 to 16:30)
Address- 312 Dongseondong 2(i)-ga, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
All salads except for the ricotta salad and the green salad includes boiled eggs. If you don’t want them, mention that when you order.
- Pork Shoulder Steak 6,500 KRW (pork grilled with soy sauce)
- Chicken Breast Steak 6,500 KRW (chicken breast grilled with a milk, onion, garlic, and herb sauce)
- Chicken Thigh Steak 6,900 KRW (chicken thigh grilled with garlic soy sauce)
- Mozzarella Cheese 5,900 KRW (tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with basil pesto)
- Ricotta Cheese 6,500 KRW (homemade ricotta cheese with morning bread)
- Smoked Salmon 6,500 KRW (smoked salmon with sour cream and caper)
- Shrimp Grapefruit 6,900 KRW (shrimp grilled with soy sauce, and some fresh grapefruits)
- Green 4,500 KRW (soft tofu with the basic toppings)
- Bean and Bean 6,900 KRW (lentil beans, chickpeas, onions, cherry tomatoes with basil pesto)
- Grilled Vegetables 6,900 KRW (grilled mushrooms, kabocha squash, eggplants, and onions)
- Chili Pasta 5,900 KRW (sriracha sauce pasta with Parmesan cheese)
- Basil Pesto Pasta 5,900 KRW (basil and olive oil pasta with Parmesan cheese)
- Bun Cha 7,500 KRW (rice noodles with grilled pork shoulders)
- To Go Sandwich 5,500 KRW (ciabatta sandwich with chicken breast, ricotta cheese, pickled onions, and olives) *no ham or cheese*
- To Go Soup 3,500 KRW (kabocha squash, onion, and milk soup)
- Egg fried rice 2,500 KRW
- Ciabatta bread 2,000 KRW
- 3,900 KRW : chicken thigh, bean&bean, grilled vegetables, shrimp
- 3,500 KRW : pork shoulders, chicken breast, ricotta cheese, smoked salmon
- 2,900 KRW : mozzarella, chili pasta, basil pesto pasta
- 1,500 KRW : Soft Tofu
- 700 KRW : jalapenos, olives, morning bread, boiled eggs
- Extra salad dressing 1,000 KRW
- balsamic vinegar
- bun cha
How to Order
- Choose the main menu.
- Ask for extra toppings or sides if you’d like.
- Choose a salad dressing.
- Tell them if it’s for to-go or for eat-in.
- Pay for your meal and keep the receipt that has the order number.
- Pack the metal bowl with the green leaves you want in your salad. If your bowl is not full enough, they will add more lettuce in the kitchen.
Chicken Thigh Salad & Soup (10,400 KRW)
- The salad was much bigger than I had expected! It was a very filling meal, and all the ingredients tasted fresh.
- The pumpkin soup was creamy and pleasant to have on a cold windy day. I would get it again.
- The dressing came in a pack with their store logo. When I poured all of it in my bowl, there was some left on the bottom.
Pork Shoulder Salad (6,500 KRW)
My friend ordered the pork shoulder salad with balsamic vinegar dressing and she also loved her meal. She mentioned that salads are getting more popular in Korea these days, so maybe we can look forward to more salad restaurants opening in more neighborhoods in Korea!