Seoul has been around freezing and below these days… My friend and I were planning on grabbing dinner together but we decided to get some delivery food instead of going out. On these kind of days, it’s just best to stay at home as much as possible.
배달의민족 (baedal-ui-minjok, The People of Delivery) is one of the few Korean Food Delivery Apps that you can use with your smart phone. This is especially convenient for foreigners who have learned how to read and understand Korean, but get too nervous to order by phone.
Here are the 10 easy steps to get your Korean food delivery.
1. Download the app and set up your account
The easiest way to set up this account is to log-in with your facebook account. Don’t worry, the app won’t announce your food delivery to your friends! You will also need to add your phone number and your home address to assure your delivery.
2. Make sure your locations is on, so the app can refer you to stores that are in your neighborhood.
3. Choose the cuisine that you would like to have.
This time I chose Chinese (중국집).
4. Try to order from a restaurant with more and better ratings.
The place I ordered from had 236 reviews. On top of the menu page, it says that I have to order at least 10,000 KRW for a delivery, and payments can be made through card or phone credits.
5. Choose something from the menu.
Just remember that what you get probably won’t look like the picture. Look at the review section to see photos by customers. This time I chose the Tangsuyuk and Jajangmyun Set (11,000 KRW).
6. Choose how many you want, and press the black button that says 장바구니 담기 to add this to your basket and continue adding other items. If this is your final choice, press the orange button that says 바로결제 to proceed to your payment.
7. Choose your method of payment.
There are many ways to make your payment…! Choose whatever you are comfortable with. With your card, phone credit, or Kakao Pay (which is linked to your card).
8. And now you just wait! Your order is complete if you see this page. It says that I get a coupon after 3 pm tomorrow! ooh~~
You will also get a text message that tells you the approximate time that it would take for your order.
10. Make sure to leave your used plates outside your door.
The store usually provides a bag or container to leave your plates inside. The delivery guy will stop by your door again to pick it up. I left it out 2 hours after we got the delivery, and when I checked again another 3 hours later, it was gone.
Enjoy your meal! Let me know if you have any more questions.