Last weekend, I realized that I now have five friendship accessories since I’ve been to Korea. Is it a common trend among Korean girls? My Korean friends just buy them on a random day we hang out or get me a souvenir when they travel.
This time, my friends and I decided to make our original bracelets together. My friend wanted to do something special for her birthday, and found out about this place through a blog.
At Tingklu, you can make your original bracelets.
If you go to their website, you can buy some bracelet parts.
This is how the entrance looks like. Those who are taller than 170 cm have to be careful because the ceilings are quite low.
How to get there
This place is located on the opposite side of the busy streets of Hongdae. You may wonder if there’s anything in the quiet residential neighborhood.
Go to Hongdae Station (Hongik University Station) exit 3. When you get out of the exit, go to the other side of the street and walk straight. After you pass a diagonal intersection, make a right at the first corner with GS25, and make a left at the second street. The walk will be around 10 minutes.
The starting point is where it says 3, and the goal is the yellow arrow on the upper left corner of the map.
If you want to see a street view, check out their blog for a cute guidance by Woody and Jessie!
- Weekdays 12 pm – 7 pm
- Saturdays by reservation only *You may want to ask a Korean friend to help you.
(Make reservations on a weekday through phone or kakao ID: tingklu)
- Sundays Closed
PHONE: 010-7101-0984 or 070-4643-0796
ADDRESS: 서울 특별시 마포구 연남동 257-4 성미산로 26 길 33
(Seoul Mapo-gu Yeon-nam-dong 257-4 Seong-mi-san-ro 26-gil 33)
Please follow these steps to make your original bracelet.
- Find a sample bracelet or keychain that is closest to something that you would like to make, and point that out to one of the workers.
- The workers will show you which materials you would need to make that bracelet.
- Place your bracelet parts in a yellow plate.
- Pay for your bracelet parts before you start making the bracelet.
I got three pieces and I paid 6,000 KRW (~$6).
- You will be guided to a counter or a workshop room, so you can start your bracelet-making.
Make your own bracelet
There is a complete guidebook that you can follow. If you have any questions, you can ask one of the workers.